Monday, December 1, 2014

Clock Hands

      For this project, I drew close ups of clock hands in colored pencil. My first idea was to do one particular area of the clock blown up but after a few sketches, I realized that when I put all the views together like a puzzle, it makes the drawing more interesting. After I finished drawing the clocks in pencil, I chose to use colored pencil as my median. I used various blues and golds as the main color, which was unique compared to other clocks. I also used grey, as my background, and black, for some the details such as the numbers. 

     Throughout this project, I was able to try new techniques with the colored pencils that include shading and layering. As I was working, I changed my first ideas with the colors after testing out different options. I decided to go with blue and gold for the clock hands because those are two colors that I love and that represent me. 

     At various points in this project I had to take a step back to see where I needed to work more and what seemed finished. It also helped me what needed to be changed completely or altered a little bit. I also appreciated the help I got from others because it brought other opinions and ideas to make the final product look better. 



     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment