Monday, November 10, 2014

Chalk, Oil Pastel, and Colored Pencil

Chalk
This was the first time that I used chalk and I had difficulties blending the different colors to create  smooth, realistic surface. I had trouble creating values and colors I wanted. I learned how to gain control of the chalk better and blend the colors to make a realistic drawing. Overall, I think that I could have done better on my final chalk project by paying more attention to details and adding more values. 


Colored Pencil
I liked using colored pencil because it was easier for me than the other materials we experienced with for these projects. Also, I like the different shades and colors I can create with pencil and I was able to create a more realistic drawing. I learned how to using lights and darks to create shadows and highlights in the drawing. My final product is not what I was hoping it would turn out to be but I think the lollipop itself is not bad with the highlights but I should of added more details on the background.
Oil Pastel 
I had used oil pastels before but I never really like it before. I like more now that I have gotten to practice it with this project. I learned how to use the different colors overlapping to create a more realistic drawing and add highlights. I like how the oil pastels easily overlapped and mixed together on its own. I believe this project  was my most successful out of the three we did. 



No comments:

Post a Comment