Friday, December 19, 2014

Follow Your Own Path (Collage)

      For the collage project, I created a nature themed background with a road leading to infinity. This work is intending to show that you are the one who decides your future and anything can happen on the way. I used several pictures as my background and used gesso to soften them and make them blend together more. I used paint to write the quote on the road that I cut out of paper. 
     I had trouble deciding on a good way to portray my thoughts and had to try several different things. I chose to do a waged out background so that the path and shadow would be the main focus. I wasn't sure how the gesso would turn out because I had never used it before but I think it was a good choice after seeing the results. 
     I appreciated the help and opinions I got from others because it helped me see my work from another point of view. I also took the time to step back and look at my work for a moment before continuing a couples times. This helps to adjust some items that were not placed in the best way possible and take off or add other items. For example, my first idea was to have the background a sky blue as you can see below: 


I was also planning on creating the path with the pictures but after testing out different ways to place everything, I realized that this wasn't the best way to do this project. I decided to paint the background black and add pictures on top of that.


     The path that I was originally going to do is still there but it is made out of different materials than I had imagined with the quote written on the path. And the shadow walking away from you. 






No comments:

Post a Comment