Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Macaroons

     For my clay piece, my theme was to make desserts and I chose to make macaroons. I chose to make three macaroons of various colors and flavors, a yellow one, a pink one, and a green macaroon to make the plate look more appetizing. I decided to use acrylic paint for the macaroons to allow me to mix colors and create different shades and tints. I feel that I was able to create a more realistic piece than if I had used glaze. I also made a small white plate out of clay to place the macaroons, which I painted with glaze to create the shiny finish of a glass plate. 
     This project allowed me to work more with a median that I have struggled with before. I used techniques that I had already learned but I was able to gain more skill with those techniques and try them for different types of projects. 
     I was glad to have the opinions of other people with this project because it allows for a different perspective on the project that I could not see myself because I had been working on the pieces the entire time. It also let me take a minute to step back and try and see what I was missing or what needed to be improved and I was able to create my final piece to the best of my abilities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment